Oyster Bay Wines respects the privacy of visitors to this site and recognises the importance of protecting any personal information that you may provide to us. This statement sets out Oyster Bay Wines’ policy and principles regarding the use of personal information you provide when visiting this site or sending us an email. It also outlines how we use information that we may receive from third parties.
We are committed to protecting your privacy
WHO IS OYSTER BAY WINES
Oyster Bay Wines is owned and operated by Delegat Limited (which is a New Zealand company registered under number 418777) (“Delegat” or “we” or “us”). Delegat is the controller of the processing of all personal data collected through this website.
COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- information you voluntarily provide to us through this website (for example, when entering competitions conducted by us, when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our websites or when you contact us to request information about us);
- information which is obtained from publicly available sources (such as from publicly accessible social media profiles); and
- information which we automatically collect when you visit our website (we provide further information on this in the below “Cookies & Tracking Technologies” section).
The type of personal information that we collect may include your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address and country of residence and financial and payment information.
Information may be collected and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third-party contractors.
If you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not fill in all required fields, or otherwise provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
INFORMATION WE AUTOMATICALLY COLLECT
Examples of information we may collect using cookies and other tracking technologies include:
- technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your personal information will depend on the manner in, and purpose for, which it is collected. Generally, we collect and hold the personal information you supply us to identify and contact you and provide any information you request and to provide services and/or products to you.
For personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may notify you of any intended use of such information at the time of collection. In addition to any use notified to you at the time of collection, we may use such personal information for marketing and promotional purposes by us, our related companies or affiliates and third-party contractors (which may include sending you marketing and promotional materials or running marketing campaigns via social media and other channels).
In relation to information we automatically collect from you when you use our website, we may use such information to:
- administer, and improve our website and to try and keep our website safe and secure;
- better tailor our products and services to your interests (including through the use of targeting advertising);
- allow you to access and use features of our website; and
- make recommendations about goods or services that may interest you.
Retention and deletion
The data we collect will only be retained for as long as it is needed to carry out the purpose for which it was collected. Where you have consented to the information’s collection, as we will be using it for ongoing marketing and promotional purposes, we will retain the information until such time as you request its deletion (which you may request at any time). Any information that is collected via Google Analytics will automatically be deleted after 26 months.
WEBSITE SOCIAL MEDIA LIVE FEED
We may from time to time, either by ourselves or through a third party, re-publish your posts that have been made publicly on a variety of social media platforms on this website’s live social media feed. The re-publishing of such posts will generally be an exact copy of the original post. However, on occasion, it may be necessary or desirable to make minor amendments to such posts for formatting or other presentation purposes.
If you do not wish any of your posts to be displayed on our live feed, please email email@example.com and we will arrange for its prompt removal.
SECURITY OF PERSONAL DATA
We use appropriate technical and organisational security measures in order to ensure that your data remains secure. Delegat uses Microsoft Dynamics AX solutions, which uses Transport Layer Security (TLS), SQL Server cell-level encryption, and Transparent Data Encryption (TDE) to protect personal data while in transit and at rest.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to our group companies. We may also transfer your personal information to third parties if needed to provide the services available on this website, with any such use to be in accordance with our instructions and will remain our responsibility. Otherwise, we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.
LINKS TO OTHER WEBSITES
ACCESS, CORRECTION & OTHER RIGHTS
You can request that we provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. There are certain exemptions which may apply to, or otherwise prevent us from providing you with, your information. We may also charge you an administration fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You can also request us to correct such personal information. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
European Union residents
If you reside in the European Union, you have the following additional rights in relation to your personal information that we collect:
- You can object to the processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- You can ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data or otherwise by clicking the “opt-out” or “unsubscribe” links in any marketing material we send you.
- You can withdraw your consent to the processing of personal information we have collected at any time. Any such withdrawal will not invalidate processing that has occurred prior to withdrawing your consent.
- You have the right to complain to a data protection authority about our collection and use of your personal information. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority.
Last updated: 21 June 2018