COLLECTION OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We collect your personal information in the following ways:
- information you voluntarily provide to us through this website (for example, when entering competitions conducted by us, when participating in discussion boards or other social media functions on our websites or when you contact us to request information about us);
- information which is obtained from publicly available sources (such as from publically accessible social media profiles); and
- information which we automatically collect when you visit our website (we provide further information on this in the below “Cookies & Tracking Technologies” section).
The type of personal information that we collect may include your first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number, date of birth, address and country of residence and financial and payment information.
Information may be collected, and held, either by us directly or on our behalf via our third party contractors.
In the event that you are voluntarily providing us with personal information and do not fill in all required fields, or otherwise provide your full and correct details, we may not be able to comply with the purpose for which such personal information has been provided to us.
COOKIES & TRACKING TECHNOLOGIES
A “cookie” is a small data file placed on your computer through your web browser and allows us to recognise and interact with your computer. Cookies gather and collate information about how you use our website. “Pixel tags” (also called beacons or pixels) are small blocks of code installed on (or called by) a webpage, app, or advertisement which can retrieve certain information about your device and browser.
Examples of information we may collect using cookies and other tracking technologies include:
- technical information such as your computer’s IP address and your browser type; and
- information about your visit such as the products you viewed or searched for, the length of your visit and the pages that you visited.
Some examples of the types of cookies or other tracking technologies, methods or services that we might use include:
- Google Analytics to collect non-personally identifiable data to understand how you use our website;
- cookies from Facebook, Google and service providers to target ads to you at a later time when you are visiting other websites; and
- email addresses supplied by you to target ads to you at a later time when you are visiting other sites.
In addition, we may partner with third party advertising agencies or networks that may place cookies or pixel tags on our website to collect non-personally identifiable information about your activities on this and other websites in order to provide targeted advertising based on your interests.
You should be able to set up your browser to accept or reject cookies or to notify you when a cookie is present. Please refer to your browser instructions or help pages to better understand these functions. If you configure your browser not to receive cookies, a level of functionality of our website could be lost. In addition, to further enable you to make a fully informed decision, we recommend viewing the following websites which will provide you with additional information in relation to cookies and targeted advertising: http://www.allaboutcookies.org/cookies/and http://www.aboutads.info.
USE OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
How we use your personal information will depend on the manner in, and purpose for, which it is collected.
For personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, we may notify you of any intended use of such information at the time of collection which may include marketing and promotional purposes by us, our related companies or affiliates and third party contractors.
Generally we collect and hold the personal information you supply us to identify and contact you and provide any information you request, and to provide services and/or products to you.
In relation to information we collect from you when you use our website, we may use such information to:
- administer, and improve, our website and to try and keep our website safe and secure;
- better tailor our products and services to your interests (including through the use of targeting advertising);
- allow you to access and use features of our website; and
- make recommendations about goods or services that may interest you.
WEBSITE SOCIAL MEDIA LIVE FEED
We may from time to time, either by ourselves or through a third party, re-publish your posts that have been made publicly on a variety of social media platforms on this website’s live social media feed. The re-publishing of such posts will generally be an exact copy of the original post. However, on occasion it may be necessary or desirable to make minor amendments to such posts for formatting or other presentation purposes.
In the event that you do not wish any of your posts to be displayed on our live feed, please email email@example.com we will arrange for its prompt removal.
ACCESS AND CORRECTION
You can request that we provide access to the personal information we have collected about you at any time. There are certain exemptions which may apply to, or otherwise prevent us from providing you with, your information. We may also charge you an administration fee for the preparation and provision of that information to you.
You can also request us to correct such personal information. In the event that we refuse or do not comply with any such request, you are entitled to request a statement be attached to the relevant information that a correction was sought but not made.
TRANSFER OF PERSONAL INFORMATION
We may transfer your personal information to our group companies. We may also transfer your personal information to third parties if needed to provide the services available on this website, with any such use to be in accordance with our instructions and will remain our responsibility. Otherwise we will not provide your personal information to any other third parties, unless there is a legal obligation to do so.